Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 9 of 30

I woke up today with a mild throbbing headache. I had a feeling it's linked to the soreness I'm feeling in my left arm. After mentioning it to Brian, he immediately started to massage the arm. I almost started crying, tears welled up in my eyes, as he pressed hard (very hard) on each individual muscle. After a few minutes of excruciating pain, he stopped and my headache miraculously disappeared. I was somewhat in awe and very grateful the headache was gone but still in doubt, thinking it was only a quick fix and the headache would return as soon as I started my workout. It didn't! My workout was still intense as usual but the hour went by quick without the burden of the headache.

Our concentration today was on the upper body. Brian has started to incorporate some weight into the workout. We started on some of the more recognizable exercises today like the bench press, shoulder press, and one arm dumbbell pull up. He's still keeping it interesting and having me do different exercises everyday. Guess that's why he's the professional trainer.

Here's a picture of Brian at his studio.













See any resemblance? He is my cousin after all.

It was an incredibly beautiful day today. Driving back from Oakland, the fog had lifted from the previous day and the sky was as blue as the ocean (not the Bay). Seeing the Sun out always lifts my spirit. I felt really good about today's workout. Seems like I've reached a turning point in terms of my body not being so sore after each session. I'm glad I won't have to blog about my soreness for much longer.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want to be the first to comment since you are gonna be famous one day! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

ok, look at the pic of stanley's cousin. Looks like a cross between Kung and Stanley.