Today is the first day of Summer and one of the hottest days of the year so far. I'm sweating while writing this, even after taking a shower! If sweating helped to lose weight, I'd probably have gotten to my goal weight after the first week. That's how much I sweat.
It was an early start today. I'm getting used to waking up early, which will definitely help me get an earlier start after my 30 days. Today, Brian (I've decided to nickname him Mr. Pain) had me go out to the park near the studio and work on the dreaded sled! I posted yesterday that the ab machine was my least favorite piece of equipment. I lied! It's the sled that I really, really HATE! For those of you that don't know or ever heard of this sled thing, it's exactly what it sounds like, a metal sled topped with weight that's pulled either walking/running forward or backwards. Not only am I pulling the weight, but the friction from the grass makes it an even more difficult exercise. Mr. Pain has had me do this twice now and after each time I've felt like throwing up. It was that intense. My legs felt like they were going to explode!! The sled is actually a really versatile piece of equipment, working most of the leg muscles as well as the back and ab muscles. I'll be posting a video of my sled workout the next time we use it.
Not only is today the first day of Summer, it's also the half way point in my 30 day journey. I think my body's gotten used to the daily workout. I haven't gotten nearly as sore as the first week. I'm pretty sure it's not because of the intensity of each workout cause it seems like the intensity has increased since I started. I'm extremely happy to have gotten this far. Eating right, exercising, and staying positive is paying off!
Looking forward to the weekend...
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment