Today's workout really kicked my ass! It's around 5 p.m. in the afternoon and I'm still struggling to type this. My fingers are OK, it's my arms that are having trouble squeezing together close enough to type. It feels like someone's constantly trying to pull my arms to the left and right of my body. It's not really painful, just a little uncomfortable.
Obviously today we concentrated on my upper body. We did a lot of pulling and pushing exercises starting with a reverse push up. It’s exactly what it sounds like. My body was suspended in the air on two parallel bars with one harness for each leg. With my body horizontal to the ground and one arm on each bar, I pulled my weight up past the two bars as far as I could. I got past the bars maybe once. Right after that exercise I knew I was in for a serious workout. My upper body has always been weaker than my lower body and today's workout proved it. The reverse pull up was paired with, yes, you guessed it, push ups! We continued with a typical chin up exercise with one of the weight machines paired with the shoulder press. Not much to explain there except I could hardly finish the sets after the reverse push ups. We moved on to an AB exercise. Luckily it wasn’t the dreaded AB machine but a simple weight pull using my abs. Finally the workout ended with a simple medicine ball exercise. This particular exercise Mr. Pain had me do looks and feels like your trying to fill a bucket with water on either your left or right side and toss it over the opposite shoulder. Not as easy as it sounds.
The one thing keeping me going through the workout? You got it! My “Hey” protein shake! YUM!
I’m exhausted. Good thing tomorrow’s a cardio day!
Looking forward to tomorrow...
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment