Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 15 of 30

I think for the first time, I'm actually posting the day of my workout! No posts this weekend though. I know I previously said that I would blog everyday but I think laziness got the best of me this weekend. I had a great weekend! Minnie and I went to a wedding in Oakland at Hs. Lordships at the Berkeley marina. It was a Japanese/Vietnamese wedding. Here's a picture of the beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge right outside the restaurant.










After the wedding we went to Circa for E and K's birthday celebration. It was good to see a lot of my friends for the first time after I started my 30 days. Everyone was very supportive of me taking the time off. Can't say the same for my increased facial hair.












Another early start today. I usually get to Mr. Pain's studio by 8:30AM and I'm scheduled for that time for the rest of the week, in case any of you want to join. Our concentration today was on the legs. After the warm up, we did some step work. This was paired with a rubber band pull with my legs. I'd lay on a bench and Mr. Pain would hold a rubber band on my ankles while I pulled it toward my butt. After a few sets, we moved to squats and the ab machine. We ended the workout with another exercise using a giant rubber band. While the rubber band is held tight on my hip, I'd squat down and pull as quickly as I could with my legs while Mr. Pain controls the tension by pulling harder or softer. That was today's workout.

What I look forward to the most after my workout is having my protein shake. Here's a picture of the whey protein I use. One day last week, Minnie walks out to the kitchen and sees the container on the table turned exactly like the picture below.
















She's since renamed it "Hey!" protein! I'll be adding that to my list of her interesting quotes.

Looking forward to tomorrow...

No comments: